Be part of something powerful, impactful, fulfilling, meaningful.
Life is full, time is short. Are you on auto pilot, just keeping up with the demands of your busy life? How do you fill your bucket?
Introducing 100 Women Who Give a Hoot – a radically simple approach to giving back to the community in a way that fills your bucket while changing lives right here in the Triangle. 100 Women Who Give a Hoot is a membership-based giving circle that’s been around since March of 2016. Since its inception, our members have donated over $250,000 to 14 local nonprofits. Becoming a member is simple and straightforward. We promise it’s an impactful group you will be proud to be a part of!
Here’s how it works:
1. Members attend four hour-long meetings per year (one per quarter)
2. During that meeting, three local nonprofits are invited to give a five-minute presentation on who they are, what they do in the community and how our group donation could make a difference for those they serve
3. After the presentations, each member votes for the nonprofit that they would like to see receive the group donation and on the spot, the charity with the most votes receives a $100 check from each member (we also have an option to donate electronically)
4. 100+ women x $100 each = $10,000+ to one local nonprofit in just one hour. Now THAT’s impact!
5. At the next meeting, the charity chosen at the previous meeting provides an update to our members: how the donation was/is being used and the impact it is making
Did we mention our members are astonishingly awesome? Not only are we doing great things for our local community, we’re rubbing elbows with some incredible women. What more could you ask for?