Life is full, time is short. Are you on auto pilot, just keeping up with the demands of your busy life? How do you fill your bucket?
Introducing 100 Women Who Give a Hoot – a radically simple approach to giving back to the community in a way that fills your bucket while changing lives right here in the Triangle. 100 Women Who Give a Hoot is a membership-based giving circle that’s been around since March 2016. Since its inception, our members have donated over $250,000 to 14 local nonprofits.
And, not only are we doing great things for our local community, we’re rubbing elbows with some incredible women. What more could you ask for?
Here’s how it works:
1. Members attend four hour-long meetings per year (once per quarter)
2. During that meeting, three local nonprofits give a five-minute presentation on who they are, what they do in the community and how our group donation could make a difference for those they serve
3. After the presentations, each member votes for their nonprofit of choice, and on the spot, the charity with the most votes receives a $100 donation from each member
4. 100+ women x $100 each = $10,000+ to a local nonprofit in just one hour. Now THAT’s impact!
5. At the next meeting, the charity chosen at the previous meeting provides an update to our members: how the donation was/is being used and the impact it is making